It is a tradition in Ireland to give flowers to the Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom at the end of the Wedding speeches. Nowadays, couples are looking to do something a bit more personal and are looking to gift something that can be treasured or remembered.
Here are a few suggestions to get the creative juices flowing when are you thinking about Mother of the Bride and Groom gifts.
1) Diptyque. Who doesn’t love a good scent? I absolutely love these candles by legendary French perfumer Diptyque. The candles are retailing at €65 in Brown Thomas, and the Eau de Parfum is €125.
2) Rathborne’s Candles if you wanted to go with an Irish brand. These are really a little bit of luxury in your home. They have fabulous Reed Diffusers also. You can buy online directly www.rathbornes1488.ie , and pricing is from €36.
3) Dublin Herbalists Revitalising Gift Set. Everyone may need a bit of revitalising after the Wedding Day so this is something the Mother’s can take away and enjoy once the celebrations have ended. Retailing at €65.85 You can buy online or instore at www.kilkennyshop.com .
4) Aynsley China – They have an absolutely gorgeous ‘Cottage Garden’ set of 4 mixed windsor teacups and saucers. You can buy online or instore at Debenhams, and they are currently reduced from €75 to €55 – www.debenhams.ie. A real treat for you all to have tea, chats and reminisce about the wonderful day!
5) Swarovski Crystal Pen. Everyone has a handy functional pen in their handbag, and there is no reason that can’t be an ultra-stylish pen! I love the selection from Swarovski in a range of prices. Check out the Eclipse Stylus Ballpoint Pen in white. This is €55 and you can buy in store or online at www.swarovski.com
6) Cluse have a great selection of Jewellery and you have the option to splash out and get something for good wear, or something for everyday wear. I love the La Boheme Rose Gold White/Grey watch. The leather strap makes is easy to wear for everyday use. You could always get it engraved with both your initials on the back. The Kilkenny Shop stock Cluse and this watch is €89.95
7) Melissa Mills Bari Robe. These are super comfortable and are very nice to look at, as well as wear. A lovely treat gift. Note: I did steal this idea from my beautiful bride recently! Retailing at €65, you can order online from www.melissamillsbari.com .
8) The Handmade Soap Company have some really lovely products but the ‘Because you are amazing’ gift set is perfect for this gift because it says it all! How fitting? You can buy the gift set online for €34.95, www.thehandmadesoapcompany.com.
9) A cosy Avoca throw could really bring some comfort to someone’s life… especially after a busy Wedding weekend. Shop the vast collection of fabulous throws online at avoca.com, with prices starting from €74.95.
10) Ted Baker have a beautiful selection of scarves and a range of prices, approximately €65. You can shop online from their official site or else House of Fraser or Brown Thomas store Ted Baker. www.tedbaker.com/ie/ . Nobody has ever turned away a Ted Baker gift!
Something that I came across in Australia that I really loved was ‘The Wedding Scarf’. Your bouquet or wedding flowers are transferred onto a silk scarf or pashmina so that you have it forever and can gift one to the Mothers’ after the day. A beautiful way to capture a memory. I hope someone will start doing this here in Ireland soon… if not already. I will keep you posted.
P.S. I can help with all Wedding Planning elements, from the very start to the champagne breakfast the next day, click here to read more about my services and packages.